If you are interested in becoming a volunteer advocate for a child we would like to hear from you.
- Call or email us for more information
- Print out the “Become An Advocate” downloadable PDF file
- Attend an information session
If volunteering for CASA of San Benito County is a commitment you are considering, you will be asked to participate in a comprehensive screening and training process. Please note, the screening process for volunteers is structured to ensure a proper fit for both the volunteer and the child. Screening is ongoing throughout training.
To get started, we will need a completed written application. You may fax it to (831) 637-5278, email it to email@example.com or deliver it to our office during normal business hours.
Once your application has been received, we will then schedule you for an interview with staff.
Upon acceptance to the 36 hour volunteer training program, you will be asked to submit the following documents:
- A signed a volunteer agreement
- A statement of auto liability coverage*
- Three positive references
- A DMV driving record printout
- An FBI/DOJ and CACI background check
*Proof of Auto Insurance Coverage must be submitted continuously when policies expire or carriers change.